Tuesday, January 16, 2018

New Year New Goals.

So we are into our third week of the new year. This millennium is now an adult! Last year felt like it lasted only a month. I remember New Years Eve 2016 like it was yesterday. Years are weird like that. Time is weird like that. In the past twelve months so much happened and yet nothing much changed and also some things changed in every way imaginable. Life is weird like that.

I still live at home. I'm creeping up on 27 years old and I never thought I would be living at home as an adult, but here I am. And I like it fine, although I really need to find a new adventure. I've promised myself I'll live somewhere new in 2018. I'm not sure yet what that will look like, but it may look like the Peace Corps (if I ever finish and submit an application *eye roll*), it may look like moving somewhere warmer but still in the United States. Really, I have no idea what I'm going to do yet. But it's time to do something.

I have something close to a "grown up job" but not quite. I'm still a temp. But I did sign up for health insurance this year, so now I have that again, which is cool. That's pretty grown up! Maybe?

Anyway, as with every year, I took the first couple of weeks thinking about what I want my goals for the year to be. I figure there's no rush to have them all sorted for January first and then stop even trying before the month is over. Instead, right around when everybody else is moving on from their goals, I am getting ready to dive in.

So over the weekend I spent some time going over, refining, and adding to my list of goals for this year. Then last night, I typed them up on my trusty typewriter (probably the first time I've used it since I typed up my 2017 goals...whoops. Gonna try to type out more things this year! Though that's not one of my official goals...) and changed out last year's list for this year's on the back of my bedroom door. It's all about visibility, ya know?

I'm not going to post my full list here, but I will say that my number one goal is to look for wonder moments. I decided my hashtag theme for the year is going to be #everythingismagic. I've been trying to appreciate the little moments of beauty in my days, especially in the winter, because it's easy to not notice things. I've been hyper aware lately of how much wonder people seem to have for the world around them and how much I'm missing. I'm trying to be amazed again. I'm trying to notice things. I'm trying to remind myself that it's okay to be easily amused.

Here are some things that have caught my eye as being wonder full and aesthetically lovely lately.





No comments:

Post a Comment