Thursday, May 26, 2011

Le Neuvième Jour, Mercredi. (The ninth day, Wednesday 5/25)

On Tuesday night I was strongly advised to stay behind on Wednesday because of my knee and the fact that the events of the day included two rather treacherous hikes. I was also under the impression that if I stayed behind, I would be able to go into Tiberias to hang out for a while with Amy, the woman in charge of the trip, and Vanessa, the girl with a broken ankle. So even though I really didn't want to miss out on what the rest of the group all did, I decided that in order to be okay for the days that followed, I would take Wednesday to rest.

Once it actually happened though, I found myself sitting at the hotel all day long. It was incredibly boring. I didn't end up going to Tiberias and did little other than sit in my room or the lobby and work on this blog. Ugh. What a drag. The 12 hours that the rest of the group were gone just dragged by and it was a total bummer. And then, when they finally did get back they were all so exhausted they didn't want to do anything. I was going crazy.

Instead of going into the lobby with my friends who were getting on the computer (which I was totally sick of at that point), I decided to follow some of the boys from our group to the basketball court down the road and watch them play. Now, any of you who know me know that I hate watching basketball. That just goes to show you how much I needed something else to do. I was really that desperate.

It turns out that it really was a good thing that I didn't go though, because people were dropping like flies from either sunstroke or some sort of food poisoning or something. We're not really sure what, but lots of people are ill right now.

Then, after dinner I ended up walking a mile and a half away to the Aroma Café (Israeli version of a Starbucks or Panera) with a few people who were up for it. It was fun and my Iced Aroma was totally delicious.

When I returned from Aroma Café it was pretty much time for bed. Soooo that was my Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Bummmmmmer you were bored...and I do know you were REALLY bored, if you watched basketball! But, hey, if it meant missing out on sun stroke/food poisioning, then boredom may have been the better option. I, for one, am glad you had a chance to catch up on your blog and post all your pictures! I have so enjoyed keeping up with your travels. Take care of that knee... LOVE YOU, ~mama

    ReplyDelete