Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Happy First Day of Shorts!

As you all might have noticed, I’ve been off social media since Lent started on Valentine’s Day. Or maybe you didn’t notice. Or maybe you’re wondering what the hell I’m talking about since you got to this post through my facebook, where I published a link. To be honest, I’m not actually sure why it’s still possible for me to do that, because I signed out of facebook on my phone and had a friend change the password to my account, but even after the password got changed I’m able to share the posts directly from my blog to my facebook without knowing the password or actually signing into facebook at all. I have no idea why it works. It seems like a defect in security to me, but I guess I’m not really about to complain about it since it makes my life easier.

ANYWAY, I’m off (most of) my social media accounts which is pretty refreshing. But also makes me feel really insignificant a lot of the time. I have moments where things happen to me and I’m ready to open up Instagram or snapchat and share the moment with the world. Or at least the 10-50 people who look at my Instagram stories and snaps. But then I realize that I don’t have Instagram stories right now. And I think, “But who will witness this moment, then???” Obviously I am a total product of the twenty-first century and I need to be constantly validated. #Millennials.

But I’m working on it! I am coming to terms with the fact that I don’t need to share every moment with the virtual world. And that is okay. I will live.

And yet, the point of this blog post is to circumvent that whole process and take a minute to say that it is FEBRUARY and I am wearing SHORTS today because the weather forecast for today has HIGHS IN THE SIXTIES! And when it gets into the sixties I wear shorts! No matter how early in the year it is! Even in Minnesota in March, when people would give me funny looks and my friend’s well-meaning mom repeated to me ad nauseam that, “We don’t really wear shorts in March here, Aleena…” I WORE THEM ANYWAY. Because it was in the sixties! And, apparently, I wear shorts even in February. Because I can.

I often post a picture of my legs the first time I wear shorts in any year somewhere on social media, and since that's not an option right now I’m sharing it with all of you here:


Yes, my legs are very pale (but they're super soft, thanks to the bar of Ledgeway Farms goat milk coffee soap I picked up over the weekend!). Yes, I am wearing shorts and standing on ice in the parking lot.

And yes, it is going to snow again in the next couple of days. And that’s okay (if a little disappointing). But it went into the sixties and I went into my attic to take out shorts from storage much sooner than I’d anticipated doing that, and I am about it.

Hope you all enjoy your taste of spring!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for soft silky legs - no matter the month, season, or temp!

    ReplyDelete