Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Change of Plans.

A change of flights. A few weeks ago I made the decision to go to Nepal before I fly home. Mostly because roundtrip tickets from Delhi to Kathmandu are only $200 and postponing my flight from Delhi to Boston a week was only $138. I dare you to get to Nepal for $338 ever again. It'll never happen. So I figured I'd go for it. A few of my friends here will be going with me. We're just going to chill in and around Kathmandu for a week before flying back to Delhi to catch our flights home on December 23rd.

In the meantime, things here in Coimbatore are wrapping up. We've got just over a week left in the city for all of our tests, papers, projects, and presentations. After we finish that all up, we're heading out on November 29th for a few weeks traveling around the rest of the country. Our first stop is in Hyderabad, the capital city of the neighboring state to the north, Andhra Pradesh. Hyderabad a seventeen hour train ride from here. And yes, we are doing all in one go. Bring it on, India, bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. wow...a 17 hour train ride...as I recall, that's enough time to drive from Richmond, ME to Johnson City, TN. :) Getting to Nepal for $338...total bargain! just a few short days of tests, papers, projects, and presentations...you'll be done in Coimbatore before you know it. Bring on the rest of your India and Nepal adventure!
    Chas and I watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel today. Thought of you!
    Looking forward to December 23 and giving you a big hug! Love and miss you!
    xoxo ~mama

    ReplyDelete