Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The End of my Life (in Minnesota).

Believe it or not, it takes a lot of planning to go on a month-long road trip. Who knew?!?

It also takes a lot of planning and organizing to move across the country. Again, who knew?!? (Actually, I kind of didn't know. I mean, I moved across the country three years ago when I moved to Minnesota and it wasn't particularly hard then. Granted, I'd just finished college and I don't think I'd really ever unpacked the stuff I moved out of my dorm room. But it's been a lot more time consuming of a process this time around.)


Anyway, the past couple of weeks have been an absolute flurry of activity. From packing and organizing and cleaning my stuff, to moving my bigger furniture to new homes, I was on the go with almost all of my free time. Then you add in the fact that I'm moving away and wanted to see all of my friends as much as possible and I hardly had a spare moment.


It was wonderful though. I got to eat at some great new places and visit some favorites one last time. I got to hug everyone that I wanted to. It was a good last week in Minneapolis.

And now, I'm in Colorado! I hit the road before 6 am yesterday and made pretty darn good time. The highlights were seeing not one but TWO cars from Maine on the highway (they were a few hours apart, not together), and when a bird dive-bomb killed itself right in front of me (okay, that wasn't exactly a "highlight" but it did add some excitement to what can be a long drive).

I'm hoping to keep posting (fairly) regularly about my travels over the next few week here, but we all know how shady I am about posting when I say I will/want to. We'll just see. If you're on Instagram, I'll probably be posting there from every stop. I think I'm going to be using the hashtag #AleenaAcrossAmerica so you can follow along like that if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment