Wednesday, May 20, 2015

People, LISTEN UP.

If you have at all enjoyed the popularization/revival of folk music in recent years then I am about to tell you about the best thing that you maybe already know about because it started ten years ago!! Get ready...

This morning at the coffee shop a song came on that I've heard a few times before. It was "Yellow" by Coldplay, but it was a bluegrass version. It plays on the Pandora there sometimes and I think I've even heard it elsewhere, too. It's part of a "Pickin' on Coldplay" album, and a coworker and I had a conversation about how there are actually a few different "Pickin' on..." albums; I was pretty sure there was one for Bob Dylan and maybe Tom Petty?

So we looked it up.

And.

Turns out... there are a BAZILLION "Pickin' on..." or "Bluegrass Tribute to..." albums out there! There's one for Relient K (Whaaat?!?), Jewel, Beck, and on and on. There's even one for Nickelback. There are a bunch of country music compilations (which seems a little silly, but hey I guess if they wanna they can) and classic rock and modern hits and just EVERYTHING you could imagine.

So when I got home I scrolled through the extent of Spotify's "Pickin' on.." series' and made a playlist of all the songs I know/like. It's six hours long. Guess what I'll be listening to as I clean the house today? Just so you can check out a song, I'm putting one here for you all.

 Enjoy.



And here's a link to "Yellow" in case you were interested in hearing that too. (Although if you enjoyed the R. Kelly one, I strongly suggest investigating this glorious sub-genre of music on your own.)


Apparently Wednesdays are "share music with the world" days. I don't hate it. I hope you don't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment